Website Terms & Conditions
UPDATED 17th FEBRUARY 2022
EFFECTIVE FROM 01st APRIL 2022
Benmores Bed Club is the trading name of Benmores (Prams & Toys) Limited. The registered office of Benmores Bed Club is 45-47, Bellegrove Road, Welling, Kent DA16 3PB. Registered in England.
Company Registration No. 904558.
VAT Registration No. 205667269.
Our store staff have no authority to vary these terms and conditions of sale. These Terms & Conditions are in addition to, and do not affect, your statutory rights
- All descriptions of products are correct at the time of publication. We have a policy of continuous product development and reserve the right to amend the specification of products without prior notice in relation to future sales.
- Bed frames and bed bases are sold separately from the mattress unless sold as a ‘package’ offer or otherwise stated.
- Fabrics may fade with exposure to direct sunlight.
- All measurements are rounded up to the nearest whole inch. Every care is taken to ensure all measurements are correct at the time of publication. Mattress sizes can vary slightly from dimensions given when new but will spread to full size with use. Our mattresses are made to order so there is a 2cm tolerance on all dimensions.
- Our pricing includes VAT and we reserve the right to adjust VAT if it changes. Prices are correct at the time of publication. In the unlikely event that the price of an item has been incorrectly advertised, we will contact you to ask whether you wish to proceed with the order at the correct price. If you are not happy to proceed, or we are unable to obtain your instructions, we will cancel the order.
- The guarantee period on our mattresses varies from 1-5 years depending on the mattress model purchased. This will be made clear in the product description. All other products come with 12-month manufacturers guarantee as standard. Guarantees exclude goods purchased from our clearance sections or ex display items. This guarantee does not cover fair wear and tear, neglect, abuse, misuse of your goods or if the product has been soiled in any way. We therefore suggest you purchase a mattress protector to avoid unnecessary disputes in this area.
- The ‘30 Day Comfort Exchange’ applies to all mattresses that have been purchased online via our website and may only be invoked by the original purchaser between 14 and 30 days after delivery of the mattress. Proof of purchase is required. The ‘30 Day Comfort Exchange’ does not apply to any other item other than a mattress. It does not apply to mattresses bought in-store. It also does not apply to clearance or ex display items, bespoke sizes, or mattresses that have become defective due to misuse, wilful damage, accidental damage, neglect, general wear and tear or if the mattress has been soiled in any way. We therefore suggest you purchase a mattress protector to avoid unnecessary disputes in this area. We reserve the right to refuse the exchange if the mattress is not in a re-saleable condition. The ‘30 Day Comfort Exchange’ is limited to one exchange only and the customer is required to visit the store to re-select. If the model is no longer available, we reserve the right to substitute a suitable alternative. Should you wish to upgrade or choose a higher value product, the additional cost will be your responsibility. To cover logistical costs, if you choose a lower value product, the difference cannot be refunded.
- Our guarantees only apply to goods delivered to our usual delivery areas. If you have moved since your original delivery date, please let us know. If the goods are removed from mainland UK and you wish to claim under the terms of the guarantee, you will be responsible for any additional shipping costs.
- In some instances, the manufacturer will choose to send an inspector to view your furniture. In these cases, the decision of the inspector will be final.
- All reasonable efforts will be made to match colour/fabrics where a divan base, mattress, headboard, piece of bedroom furniture, sofa or chair is repaired or replaced. However, a match cannot be guaranteed, no matter how soon after the original bed is delivered.
- This guarantee is not transferable and will only apply to the original purchaser. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- If it is agreed that an individual product that was originally bought within a ‘package deal’ is returned for any reason, you will be refunded the individual price minus the ‘package deal’ percentage discount.
- We can amend or cancel your order during the first 3 days after the order has been placed free of charge. After this time the manufacturing process will begin and we cannot accept amendments. We can accept a cancellation of your order after manufacturing has begun, in this case a handling fee of 20% of the product value will be deducted from your refund due to the made-to-order nature of the product.
- We can accept cancellation for any pillows, mattress protectors and recycling services at any time up to delivery.
- For all online orders, payment is due in full, for all products, at the point of sale.
- In store, all orders have the option of full payment or a minimum 50% deposit at the point of sale. If a deposit is placed, the remaining balance will become due 48 hours before delivery. We reserve the right to amend the payment request date where circumstances dictate. All orders being held in storage at the customer’s request must be paid in full.
- We cannot book the delivery date for your order until all goods are received in the warehouse and full payment has been received.
- For all methods of payment, once payment of the order has been received in full by us, ownership of the product passes to you, the customer. However, we remain responsible for the product until delivery.
- Orders where the balance has not been paid within 48 hours of delivery are liable to removal from the delivery schedule until payment has been made in full.
- By making a payment against an order you are deemed to have accepted our Terms & Conditions.
7. Delivery & Returns
- We provide an estimated delivery time that will be stated on the product description or on your order confirmation. While every effort is made to meet the date delays can occur that are beyond our control. Where this happens, we will keep you informed.
- Our delivery service is included and applies only to our usual delivery areas. It is your responsibility to ensure there are no restrictions which will affect your order being delivered to a room within your property. This includes, but is not limited to, door dimensions, staircases and lifts. If we are unable to deliver your order due to access restrictions, you will be offered the opportunity to return the product for a refund minus a handling fee of 20% of the product value. We require 48 hours’ notice for cancellation of delivery/assembly/recycling service to avoid further charge’s being applied and if you are not at the property for a pre-arranged delivery, a re-delivery charge will be payable before a new date can be booked.
- Our standard delivery includes delivery to room of choice with the free option of full assembly. We will only accept the return of unused pillows and mattress protectors in the original and sealed packaging. Special order/bespoke items cannot be returned unless faulty.
- We offer environmentally friendly bed and mattress recycling. This is a chargeable service and can be added or requested on the day of delivery. We will only recycle up to the equivalent of what we are delivering to you, at the same time. We reserve the right to refuse any item we believe constitutes a health and safety risk to our employees or anyone working on our behalf.
- Our delivery team will arrange delivery of your goods with you personally and do their best to accommodate specific requirements.
- Your room of choice must be clear with enough space to work in. We cannot move or dismantle existing furniture. Please do not dispose of your old furniture until your new furniture arrives as we will not be accountable should you be left without furniture for any reason.
- On receipt of your new furniture, it is important that you fully check that all items are in good condition with the delivery team. You, and they, will be asked to sign to confirm this. In the event that a fault or damage is discovered, you should notify the delivery team and contact us within a reasonable time to arrange for an exchange or repair.
- If you are not happy with your purchase, please notify us within 14 days of receipt and we will arrange for a collection and refund minus the handling fee of 20% of the product value, provided the goods are undamaged and packed in the packaging that we will supply you with. This does not apply to goods purchased from clearance or ex display. All refunds must be made to the original method of payment. We will not refund recycling/disposal costs once the service has been executed. We will not refund special order/bespoke item, unless the items are faulty. Mattresses can be exchanged after 30 days with our ‘30-day comfort exchange’ policy (See 4.b).
- All orders can be stored free of charge for up to 8 weeks from the day you are contacted to arrange delivery. Stored products must be paid in full. A fee of £50 per week will be charged thereafter.
9. Pillow & Mattress Protector Deliveries
- Delivery to mainland UK is free for pillows and mattress protectors.
- Standard Delivery (Monday to Fridays only), please allow 5 days for delivery.
- We do not deliver to non-mainland UK.
- Delivery of pillows and mattress protectors that are bought separately will be undertaken by a courier service and will only be delivered to your door and not unpacked. If bought as an addition to a bed and/or mattress, they will be delivered by our own delivery team at the same time.
- You have 14 days to notify us of your intention to return unwanted items. Unless faulty, we expect all items returned for refund to be returned to us in ‘as new’ condition.
Promotional Terms & Conditions
- All promotional codes and vouchers exclude existing orders, accessories, orders under £199, clearance and ex-display items. Not applicable in conjunction with any other offer – unless stated otherwise.
- Vouchers can be used in-store and online and must be used before the expiry date if applicable. After the expiry date the voucher is redundant. Only one voucher/code can be used per transaction.